Octopuses have been regarded as very intelligent creatures, to the extent that “Paul” the octopus and his accurate “predictions” for FIFA 2010 Worldcup winners, had a global impact or at least made the news.
Octopuses continue to out-stand us with different skills like food finding and now.. their diet!
Even though an octopuses normal diet involves prawns, fish and other cephalopods.. here is one eating a seagull!!
- Octopuses don’t have a skeleton (can squeeze anywhere!)
- Common octopuses live on average no more than two years
- Some can weigh up to 25 kilograms and their arms can measure more than 10 meters long.
- There are three plural forms of octopus: octopuses [ˈɒktəpəsɪz], octopi [ˈɒktəpaɪ], and octopodes [ˌɒkˈtəʊpədiːz].
- Baby Octopuses (neatorama.com)
- Weird Traits That Make Octopuses and Squid Loveable (wired.com)