- Not a fish. They do not have gills, scales, or fins like fish do and they move quite differently from fish.
- They live in deep shallow cold and warm waters.
- Sea stars have tiny tube feet to help them move along (see more on that below)
- Sun star has up to 40 arms!
- They grow their arms back, but it takes about a year
- They have eyes!!! Sea stars have an eye spot at the end of each arm that can sense light and dark.
- Pisaster brevispinus—at 65 cm (26 inches) one of the world’s largest sea stars