- Made of curd, milk that turns sour or coagulates
- Cheese can be made from the milk of cows, goats, sheep, water buffalo, horses, llamas, and yaks.
- The ancient Greeks and Romans knew and valued cheese,
- There are hundreds of types of cheese, the most effective way for classifying them is probably according to hardness or ripening method (Here 13 cheese types you HAVE to know)
- Certain cheeses are historically associated with particular areas:
Other stuff on cheese
- Mice dont like cheese
- True Swiss cheese is called Emmental. The holes are made by bacteria.
- The world’s ‘oldest’ cheese is a 15 year old parmesan, made of goat milk (more)
- Original Mexican food does NOT have cheddar cheese
- “Say cheese” is an instruction used by photographers who want their subject to smile
- The word ‘cheesy’, meaning ‘vulgar’/’tasteless’, derives from the perceived insincerity of cheesy grins.
- In most Latin American countries, the phrase used is “Diga ‘whiskey’” (“Say ‘whiskey‘”).
- Donkey cheese is world’s most expensive (bigpondnews.com)
- Top 10 – Cheesy Holiday Ideas (essentialtravel.co.uk)