Sure everything is made in China, but some very good things are actually Swiss and you probably had no clue.
Facts about Switzerland first:
- Switzerland used to be called Helvetia.
- 8 million people
- The flag is like the red corss flag but inverted.
- You would never guess the countrys name abbreviation .. its CH.
- Capital is Berne (not Zurich)
- Switzerland has always been an important north-south crossing.
- Founded in 1291
- Use the swiss franc (not hte Euro)
- Not involved in either wordl war wars (even though they are in the middle of both Italy and Germany)
- Languages: Swiss German (64%, many dialects), French (20.4%), Italian (6.5%), and Romansh (< 1%).
- Literacy 100% ( everyone age 15 and over can read and write)
- A child’s name must be on an approved list. Swiss parents do not have the freedom to name a kid “Moonunit
- Choose your Switzerland cheese (theres about 450 varieties)
- Founded the Red Cross. Henry Dunant‘s dream come true in 1866.
- The Swiss Army Knife
- Swiss Bank. Swiss bank accounts have been the leader in international banking for literally hundreds of years.
- Top of the line watches. Tag Heuer, Swatch watch, Rolex (duh)